Body and Mind Physiotherapyhave a wealth of clinical experience specifically diagnosing and treating people with neurological, musculoskeletal and sporting injuries affecting the muscles, joints, bones, ligaments, tendons and nerves. They will do everything within their power to identify and treat your problems and optimise your condition.
At your first appointment, our expert physiotherapists will take a thorough history of your problem and ask detailed questions about the behaviour of your symptoms and relevant medical history. Your physio will then observe, examine and test various movements and structures in order to diagnose your problem and establish the cause of your symptoms.
A treatment plan will be discussed with you and implemented to get you back to normal, pain-free, movement in the shortest possible time and to help prevent the problem occurring again.
What to bring to your appointment
- Please remember to bring any relevant information such as scans, X-rays, prescriptions or medical reports with you for your first appointment if you have them.
- Please remember to wear appropriate clothing for the appointment, such as shorts for lower limb issues, loose clothing for upper limb or spine issues.
- Please bring your running trainers if you are a runner or have a sporting injury.
Your treatment may include the following techniques:
- Manual therapy (hands on treatment) including mobilisations of spinal and peripheral joints and soft tissues, to alleviate pain and stiffness
- Soft tissue and myofascial release, to loosen muscles, ligaments and surrounding tissues
- Therapeutic and specific exercises to correct muscle imbalances, relieve your symptoms and prevent recurrence of the cause of your symptoms
- Postural re-education to alleviate pain and restore balance
- Ultrasound treatment to reduce swelling and inflammation
- Taping for support, pain relief and retraining
- Ergonomic advice and assessment
- Gait analysis
- Cognitive exercises